Saturday, August 29, 2009

Home-made Watercress Soup

Watercress Soup

My mom used to cook at least 3 dishes for every of our meal. One of them had to be soup, any kinds of soups; spinach soup, fishball, chicken, beef, mutton, lotus pork ribs etc. Now, if you live in Spore and working, chances are, you take away your food or dine out every night (perhaps every meal to be exact =P) and somehow I don't really drink soups that often anymore nowadays unless I go to Chinese restaurants in the weekend.

I promised to cook soups at least once in a week when I first stayed with my siblings like a year back (i used to stay in NUS dormitory for 4 years). This promise is just to myself and of course has also been falling and failing apart =(. I am not a very discipline person to begin with, and that's just my biggest problem I suppose. =(

To cut the story short, last week when I saw watercress in the supermarket I decided to cook watercress soup for my siblings, which was a pretty good start.

Ingredients:
  • Watercress -- I bought 2 packs for 3 big servings.
  • Chicken wings
  • Chinese wolfberries
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Pepper
  • Chicken Block (1/4 or 1/2 pc only)
How to cook:
Boil water

Wash 8 pcs of chicken wings.
Cook them in the boiled water and s
poon away the oil at the water surface after chicken wings are almost cooked.

Wash watercress a few times.
Cook together with chicken wings.

Add Chinese Wolfberries (good for eyes and organs) and cover for at least 5-10 minutes
Open the cover, add salt, sugar, pepper (if necessary) and half or a quarter piece of chicken block. Stir it.
Taste the soup. Boil for as long as you want. Some like it crunchy, some like it soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment