Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Garuda Padang Cuisine

Garuda Padang Cuisine at Cairnhill

Rendang Sapi / Beef Rendang

Ayam Gulai / Curry Chicken


Sambal Udang Petai / Shrimps stirred with Chilli and Petai

Sambal Telur / Eggs cooked with Chilli


Ayam Goreng / Fried Chicken

Sambal / Chilli

I still remember how pissed I was when I wasn't allowed to eat Padang food during one of my recent trips to Indonesia. My friend's dad who happened to bring us around thought the way the food served was not hygienic at all. How could somebody who lives in Indonesia bans Padang food from his life? I don't get it!
!!

So anyways, padang food is usually cooked once per day and the idea is customers get to choose from those dishes displayed until no food is left. Usually in Padang restaurant, the table will quickly be filled with small portion of many dishes and customers only pay for what they eat. So, yes there's a chance that someone actually touches the food , doesnt want to admit it to avoid paying more and the food is then served to subsequent customers. So,my friend's dad is right, that's how fun it is. =P

Garuda Padang Cuisine by Tung Lok Group in Singapore serves pretty authentic Padang food as Garuda itself is a pretty big player in Indonesia. But since this is Singapore we're talking about, the authentic way of serving the food is totally unacceptable so here, you get to choose what to be served on your table and you pay for all of them.


1 comment:

Daniel Lim said...

oh, well! I've yet to try this, but I don't eat much spicy food..... they look hottt from the pics!

Post a Comment