Monday, July 6, 2009

About foodsholic


Started to blog...?

Once upon a time when I was a teenager (wait a second, i'm not old ehm -- still in my twenties-- ehm), I had so many thoughts that I told myself I should at least started jotting them down. If I start recalling, it has been 4-5 years since I started blogging in livejournal, but was never really so much into it and so I then moved to Friendster Blog (Oh, Friendster was still such a Hot Stuff at that time!). What Friendster Blog did was automatically updated my friends every time I clocked entries in and apparently, it felt much better to have my blog read than left there for my own-self. Of course! people need to be heard sometimes =P

Why foodsholic?

If there are two things I've always wanted to blog about, they will be about food and traveling. So, if I do the counting, it took me 5 years just to get started. Such a procrastinator I am! I started enjoyed blogging in 2007 during my stay in Odense, Denmark. Getting out of my routines in university life, it was totally different. I traveled very often. I started cooking there. I started taking pictures of my foods. I started writing blog entries about them. My bottom line is, readers are very interested in food. We all like to eat!

My partners in crime

If I happened to reminisce in this blog by posting old pictures. They will be courtesy of this Canon Powershot A80, which was my first-love digital camera.
My second camera was a gift which is the incredibly user-friendly
Sony DSC-W120.

My newly received baby DSLR Sony A-200 will be taking over all jobs pretty soon. I've been using the 18-70 mm macro lens for sometime.

But of course, there will be times when it's almost physically impossible for me to bring big camera around, credits will go to my Blackberry Curve 8900. =P

Favourite Bites

I always have a soft spot for spicy foods. My favorite is Thai's but not to worry for non-spicy-food-lovers here , I have plenty of friends who can't eat hot stuffs, so more often than not I have to learn enjoying non spicy foods. I used to drink soups everyday when I was still staying with my mom (she made such nice soups), so I kind of miss it. Soups are real healthy! and I believe there's always a special room for desserts. I like trying new foods but too bad I did not take many pictures in the past. I promise I will do starting from today!

What is "Fun N' Easy Recipes"?

Once in a while I will post some recipes. It is therefore very important to put on some disclaimers here before I start =P. Well, I enjoy cooking so I do cook and I do receive both positive and negative reviews about my skills. The thing is, I have no formal trainings whatsoever so all recipes posted in this blog will be just out of my "fun trials". I am therefore not responsible if the dish turns out disappointing in any ways =P

Hope you enjoy reading foodsholic! Ciao Ciao...

Eat, Drink and Be Merry,

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment