Friday, July 10, 2009

Hua Li Xuan Restaurant [Iluma @ Bugis]

I've yet to try their other menus because I went there just for "fun" yesterday night, was a light supper to be exact. Attracted by the friendly staff and the mini-burger display which was pretty cute, we decided to give it a try. The price of the burgers is considered very cheap. Here's the deal, buy one normal-size burger at about $4.00 or choose 3 different types of mini burgers at about $4.80. You may like to upsize it to a set meal with choices of drinks and side dishes.

Creamy Chicken Soup

Black Pepper Beef Burger with Onion Rings

Initially I thought the burgers were just there to attract people. But turned out, they are actually considered the restaurant's specialty as they use mantou or Chinese bun instead of the normal bread. You can choose to have your burgers with fried or steamed mantou indeed! We ordered the Beef Black Pepper Burger with fried mantou (a little bit oily in my opinion, but its semi-crispiness was great), upsized it with Onion Rings and Root Beer. The creamy soup-of -the-day was normal but the garlic breads (more like garlic biscuits) tasted really good.

Mango dessert with sago and pomelo

Towards the end of our meal, a lady came over to ask us if everything was okay, if the food was good enough and introduced us their popular mango dessert. In my opinion, it wasn't really fantastic because I like the Hong Kong type mango dessert, which I usually ate at Liang Seah Street (I've yet to blog about this dessert house). This one tasted more like milky mango syrup with some mango cubes, sago and pomelo added. Tasted like the usual mango pudding before being solidified, if you get what i mean.

Overall, it's pretty okay, I will go back for second try.

No comments:

Post a Comment